Was just in a Southern California service center to have my vehicle:
- Warranty issue to be addressed
- Have the car uncorked
I was pleasantly surprised by…
. They actually wrapped the car seats and lined it w/ plastic.. never seen this before
* Note – in fact I cover the seats myself now, because they NEVER cover the seats and always leave dirty marks on them when I pick up the car.
. Gave me a good loaner vehicle that was clean. 100D, clean, and (newer) model. The service guy says they just got some “fresh” loaner vehicles… Good news So Cal owners..
Still needs work..
- When you come in to have your car serviced, they should know exactly why your there based on your VIN#. Instead they ask for your name and “why are you here…” question, like they have no idea…
- The loaner vehicle’s auto presenting doors doesn’t work right, and the car over steers to the right. (I guess I can live with this for a day)
- The waiting area – remains paltry compared to even Toyota dealerships.
- A quick turnaround.. they say I should get the car by in 1 day.
- No damage to the car when I get it back..
. The old service manager is gone, replaced.
. Many of the service people are new (replaced prior personnel)
. When you call a local service center, I will usually get a request to leave a message in their voice mail system, but now it appears corporate (Fremont) is routing the calls and taking them…. At least you get a human voice.
…. At least Tesla is moving in the right direction in terms of Customer Service.